Monday, June 6, 2011

Video - Anthony Weiner Admits “I Did it and it Was Mine” – Holds Press Conference

Oh my… say it isn’t so Rep Weiner.

Just moments ago Representative Anthony Weiner took to the podium in a Washington D.C. hotel and held a press conference.

Holding back tears, he told the country what we have heard so many times from so many politicians.

The scandal and cover-up.

This is how is went,

“I want to answer to some of the questions over the last 10 days and take full responsibility for my actions. I have made terrible mistakes that have hurt the people I care about the most and I’m deeply sorry…”

Sound familiar? How many times have Americans been drawn into a political cover up wanting desperately to believe their elected officials only to find out later it was all a lie - and then learn of the great time and effort spent in a cover-up.

Weiner continued,

“Last Friday I tweeted a photograph of myself as a joke to a young woman in Seattle. Once I posted it to twitter I panicked and took it down and said I’d been hacked. I then continued to stick to that story and that was a regrettable mistake.”

Okay, so he tweeted a picture of his dick to a young woman in Seattle. That’s bad…. but not Bill Clinton bad right?

Well, it gets worse. This will also be familiar to you as I know you have heard this before also.

Weiner starts to sob but continues,

“To be clear, the picture was of me and I sent it. I’m deeply sorry for the pain this has caused my wife and family.”

And then of course he drops the bombshell, the thing that makes a little cover-up a big problem.

He confesses,

“In addition, over the last several years I have engaged in several inappropriate conversations over twitter, Facebook, email and occasionally the phone with women I have met online. I’ve exchanged photos and messages of an explicit nature with about six women over the last three years. I haven’t told the truth and I’ve done things I deeply regret.”

Okay, now the tears start to really flow as he admits that most of the communication happened before his marriage, but some also took place after his marriage.

He continued,

“I have brought pain to those that trusted me the most and believed in me - and for that I’m deeply sorry.”



Wow.

So there it is - the anatomy of a cover-up. We’ve seen it before and sadly, I’m sure we’ll see it again.

Congrats to twitter for bringing down their first corrupt politician.

Related: New Weiner photos appear – Busted!

Follow InfoStar on Twitter – we won’t bring you down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...